I have three St. Patrick’s Day Treats I will be making this week.
Here is #1 ….. Lucky Charms Rice Crispy Treats
I would say that my favorite cereal growing up was Lucky Charms. I have them in my pantry right now. They are a favorite for my kids. Everyone loves rice crispy treats. They are easy to make and always yummy. With green die and Lucky Charms marshmallows this can be very festive. These directions are from the RiceCrispies.com website.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. *(Add a green dye and mix completely). Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula *(wet spoon) or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. *(Immediately press the Lucky Charms marshmallows into the top.) Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.