I always see these cookies this time of year. This was the first time making them. Most of the recipes are the same. They may vary in the type of nut used. These were very easy to make and taste yummy. My husband did not care for them, because he said they have a different texture. I liked that they were not very sweet. My kids loved them, well because what kid does not like anything covered in powdered sugar.
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans (any nuts will do)
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or less)
- powdered sugar, reserved
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Put on some Christmas music.
- Chop pecan in a food processor or by knife.
- Beat butter until soft with a mixer. Add sugar, vanilla, and pecans. Carefully add flour and blend well.
- Coat hands with flour. Use a teaspoon scoop or a teaspoon and shape into cherry-size and place on a parchment-lined or greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300° 15-20 minutes.
- (These should be light in color. Do not brown!) While cookies are still quite warm, roll them in confectioner’s sugar. When cool, roll in confectioner’s sugar again.
These were really easy to make and were really tasty. The kids loved them.
PIN ME FOR LATER